We are a growing company with immediate openings for Experienced Journeyman Linemen!
Haverfield manages the largest civilian fleet of MD500’s and provides transmission line services to all major utilities across the U.S. Our linemen provide detailed helicopter power line inspections, live line maintenance and construction support for transmission lines and structures. If you are an aerial power lineman capable of constructing, inspecting and repairing EHV lines from a helicopter platform, transferring to the structure and wire-walking on both energized and de-energized lines – you may be just what we are looking for. The ideal aerial lineman candidate is located near the southern Pennsylvania or northern Maryland area and can deal with employees, customers and the public in a professional manner, possess good organizational skills and a working knowledge of computer applications. The right person for this position will be able to work a continuous travel based rotation schedule and has a valid CDL license with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements, or will have one within 90 days of hire. Transmission experience preferred.
- Ability to fly in an MD-500 helicopter.
- Construct, inspect and repair EHV lines from a helicopter platform, transferring to the structure and wire-walking on both energized and de-energized lines (training provided).
- Ability to climb different types of structures, up to three-hundred feet tall.
- Ability to perform visual inspection and repair of EHV lines from work platform, structure or wire.
- Capable of performing basic rescue/escape.
- CDL license with HAZMAT/TANKER and will be required to drive or assist in driving vehicles over state lines including monitoring the road conditions and vehicle operation. This position requires that you will be subject to assignment of tasks at all time.
- Maintains a driver’s logbook and vehicle inspection log while on duty.
- Completes all entries for services and maintenance in the logbook.
- Wears company uniform and required safety equipment as required.
- Keeps work area, vehicles clean and orderly “professional appearance”.
- Ability to perform rigorous physical labor.
- Understands basic rigging, hand lineman and lineman knot tying, as well as minimum approach distance.
- Ability to identify different types of materials used in line work.
- Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
- Able to travel long distances on short notice and work for extended periods of time in various locations, when required.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and/or cold.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
- Does all other related duties as required to complete the job.
- Graduate from Line School
- Minimum two (2) years Lineman experience
- Transmission experience preferred
- Self-motivated and committed to the success of the Haverfield program
- Successfully follow OSHA and customer safety requirements
- Possess the required skills and care to protect the lines of themselves and others.
- Possess basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
- Energetic, with a positive attitude
- Problem solving
- Good organization
- Working knowledge of computer applications
- Ability to receive and follow direction and takes responsibility for self
- Team-oriented with a professional demeanor/attitude
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and a continuous travel-based rotation schedule