Utility pilot for FAR 91 and 133 operations. Experience with MD500’s and VRLL experience required. Wire Environment experience preferred. Successful candidate should possess minimum 1500 flight hours, ability to operate aircraft in safe and efficient manner, comply with all mandated regulations and provide customer with courteous, efficient, and reliable service. Strong coordination skills, ability to work in a team environment and high regard for safety issues required.
- Comply with FAA Regulations, Company Operations Manual(s) and any state, municipal and any domestic or foreign government regulations that may apply.
- Operate aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, with emphasis on compliance with the appropriate Rotorcraft Flight Manual,
- Aeronautical Information manual or International Airman’s Information Manual, whichever may apply.
- Work with customers to provide courteous, efficient, reliable and safe service.
- Submit all appropriate paperwork in a neat and timely manner.
- Accept duty only when in compliance with flight and duty time regulations and maintain a rested and medically fit condition.
- Maintain a logbook or other reliable record in accordance with FAR 61.51 to show recent flight experience requirements.
- Complete Haverfield “Flight Hour Summary” and update resume annually. Complete ongoing pilot training administered by the Chief Pilot.
- Responsible for safe, proper, and legal conduct of the assigned flight (Loads may have to be reduced, Landing area must be safe,
- Personnel who will be working around the aircraft must be properly briefed, Flights may have to be delayed due to weather or other reasons).
- Responsible for keeping all certificates current: pilot, medical, flight instructor if applicable, ratings, etc…
- Responsible for the overall safety of his passengers and crew.
- Accept responsibility for checking aircraft, preflight, post flight and briefing of all crew members daily.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of all Company Policies and procedures and applicable FAA Regulations, Operating
- Certificate, and Operations Specifications.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Technical Communication
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Computer Proficiency
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Team Player